Q: Does this policy cover me if I have an accident?
A: You are covered by the Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC) if you suffer an accident/injury. You need to complete an ACC form when you go to the doctor or hospital and ACC will cover a portion of the total cost. However you may be able to claim on your Inbound Student Plus policy for the portion not covered by ACC.
Q: I have a pre-existing condition. Is it covered?
A: You are not automatically covered for pre-existing medical conditions. These are medical conditions or physical conditions that you have before you enrol in the plan and can extend to conditions you were aware of but did not seek treatment for. However, cover can be arranged in certain circumstances on application to the Insurer. If you require cover for a pre-existing medical condition you can apply for cover by completing a medical risk assessment form. An additional premium will need to be paid if cover is approved.
Q: Can I claim for visits to the Doctor?
A: Yes, if you receive treatment from a registered medical practitioner and your treatment does not relate to a condition or symptom that you had before the start date of your policy. Please note a claim form needs to be completed for each separate medical claim/visit.
Q: Can I claim for the cost of contraceptives?
A: No, contraceptive costs of any type, cannot be claimed under the policy.
Q: Is Pregnancy covered?
A: No, medical treatment relating to childbirth or pregnancy is not covered unless they arise from medical complications that occur before the end of the 28th week of your pregnancy.
Q: I have a toothache - can I claim for this?
A: Your Inbound Student Plus policy covers you for the relief of unexpected, acute dental pain up to a maximum amount of $500. You will need to supply a dental report to support your claim.
Q: Can I claim for my immigration Chest X-Ray?
A: Cover is not provided under this policy for immigration medicals.
Q: I need new glasses. Can I claim for new ones?
A: Providing you have paid a minimum of 50% of an annual premium and at the time of application for this insurance you used optical aides we will reimburse you up to a maximum of $300 per year for a visit to an optometrist including the cost of spectacle frames, prescription lenses and contact lenses.
Some optometrists offer a direct billing facility when providing spectacles – please refer to the page Campus and Medical Contacts for your local provider.