Q: Can I claim for Burglary and Theft of my personal effects?
A: You must report the burglary to the police and supply us with a copy of the police report, as well as proof of ownership. Please note laptop computers, electronic and sporting equipment have a $200 claims excess.
Q. Is Fire Damage covered under my Inbound Student Plus policy?
A: For students enrolled or renewing their cover in 2014 the cover for fire damage is now limited to a maximum claim of $10,000 for damage caused by the sudden and unexpected physical damage to property caused by fire.
Q: Are my belongings covered if I leave them on the beach while I go swimming or in a café while I use the rest-rooms?
A: No, you are not covered to leave your bags unattended in a public place or at a distance from which you cannot prevent them from being taken.
Q: If I have property worth more than the item limit of $2,500 under the Baggage section – what do I do?
A: An application form to specify cover for valuable items of property is available.
Q: How is my claim settled?
A: Payments are made by cheque ($NZ only) or to your New Zealand bank account.